[MEI-L] Tag library

Johannes Kepper kepper at edirom.de
Fri Nov 16 18:10:59 CET 2012

Dear all,

we certainly won't drop the tutorial completely. The problem there is that it needs to be rewritten to some degree, whereas the rest (except the tag library) just needed a new CSS. I prioritized the tag library, and actually, my priority for the tutorial is not very high. It will go in the archive, but it has to wait for its slot in the todo.
Kristina's tutorials will go on the website under /support, and actually, I think they are more important than the old one. The problem there is that they've been built with a rather exotic tool, and while they are available in HTML, I still have to figure out how to include all the Javascript they rely on. Just give me some time to adopt them for the website architecture.

Of course, all materials from older releases etc. will go in the archive.

What else will happen with the website? We will incorporate the service at custom.music-encoding.org in the regular site, probably somewhere under /tools (not available yet). This depends on several things, including a better documentation of that web service, and I really can't predict when it will happen. Might be even next year. Besides that, we will introduce a section with workshop materials, slides, posters etc. under /downloads. We will probably also have a corresponding section in the /archive. So if you have any material about MEI you would like to share, just contact me, and I'll put it online as soon as we have those sites.

Best regards,
Johannes