[MEI-L] FRBR in MEI

Axel Teich Geertinger atge at kb.dk
Wed Nov 14 11:10:49 CET 2012

Hi Peter

It is not exactly the customization we are using, which also includes the use of TEI:listBibl, but as to the FRBR stuff the one you can see from September seems to be up to date, as far as I can see.

In the proposal, a hierarchy is imposed only on the relationship between work and expression, and between source and item. That's safe, since work and expression have a 1:n relationship, like source and item. There is no hierarchy implied between those two sub-trees in the encoding, i.e. between expression and manifestation. They are connected only by relations. Any other relations (to other levels or the same) can be defined too.

Best,
Axel