[MEI-L] Converting specs to schema

Raffaele Viglianti raffaeleviglianti at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 09:18:51 CET 2011

Hi Thomas,

If I understand your problem correctly, you should create an ODD
customization. Look at /MEI_dev/customizations/mei-all.xml as an example.
That file selects all the modules. You can make a copy and comment out the
modules that you want to exclude.

At this point you have a few options to generate an RNG and XSD from the
source + customization. This is what I usually do on a Unix system:

1. checkout TEI's trunk from sourceforge if you don't have it already
2. make sure you have all the dependecies (trang, saxon, xmllint)
3. go to /Roma
4. run the command:

./roma2 --xsl=../Stylesheets
--localsource=fullPathTo_mei-2011-05-source.xml fullPathToYourCustomization

5. Under RomaResults you'll find the resulting RNG and XSD.

It goes without saying that once Roma is installed and working on you
system, it's just a matter or running the command.

Hope this helps,
Raffaele