[MEI-L] Dolet plugins for Finale/Sibelius now availble for free

Craig Sapp craigsapp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 17:16:25 CET 2011

Hi MEI List,

Here is an announcement about MusicXML which was released today.  The
Dolet plugins for Finale/Sibelius are available for free download from
the Finale website:

http://www.makemusic.com/Products/MusicXML.aspx

(You will have to create/have an account on the website to get to the
download page).

Dolet plugs are used to import/export MusicXML from Finale/Sibelius.
Finale has had free import/export since 2006 (probably called "Dolet
Lite").  Sibelius 7 (newest version) has a built in import/export for
MusicXML, but that is written by the Sibelius programmers. Michael
Good sold the full version of the plugin separately for Sibelius.

-=+Craig