[MEI-L] Compatibility and roadmap

Christof Schöch christof.schoech at uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Aug 31 17:53:37 CEST 2011

Dear MEI-List,

I'm entirely new to the MEI and this list, but am interested in MEI as
someone working with TEI in the DARIAH project in Germany, a project in
which some music scholars from Detmold are also involved. In recent
discussions about MEI, two questions have come up for which we did not
really find a good answer:

1. We suppose there is some experience with compatibility and transformation
of MEI to/from MusicXML, but is this also true for MEI to/from TEI, or to
which extent does this seem feasible?

2. Is there a roadmap for MEI development? Some people in DARIAH are
beginning to work on a Metadata Crosswalk and would like to include MEI in
this, but we would obviously need a somewhat stable version at least of the
"meiHead" for this to make sense.

Any cues on these issues would be very welcome!
Best,
Christof

---
http://www.kurzlink.de/schoech