[MEI-L] order of elements

Joachim Veit veit at weber-gesamtausgabe.de
Mon Aug 29 22:47:16 CEST 2011

Hi Perry,
thanks for your explicit answer! For my part, I fully consent with your
proposal (at least 98,9 %...): There is no real advantage for a user
having the possibility of ordering elements in the header in this way or
the next three ways in the next two projects .... But perhaps this leads
to processing efforts which are really unnecessary.
I prefer to have a guidance in putting down my metadata and I am always
happy when I am (only after several daily examples) familiar with the
given order in the TEI header - because I don't have to think about:
which details I have forgotten / what is the best element to join next
etc...
So I plead for the DTD-order with comma und only beg you to think about
some more asterisks, if repetitions of data really occur. But I am a bit
uncertain where this might be the case - notesStmt??
Best greetings, I hope that Charlottesville had no problems with the storm!?
Joachim