[MEI-L] How to use <ftrem>

TW zupftom at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 17 16:17:48 CEST 2011

While I'm sort of a Score devotee, I think that the repetition
frequency should definitely be derivable from @slash.  But thinking
about it a bit longer, it's really tricky.  As the visual appearance
is only uncertain for half notes, what would using @beam on notes
other than half notes mean?  That wouldn't make a lot of sense.  For
@dur=16, it would look as if one should set @beam=2, but that would be
very inconsistent with the meaning of n=@beam "n of the slashes are
written as beams".

Thomas Weber