[MEI-L] Encoding staff positions

Roland, Perry (pdr4h) pdr4h at eservices.virginia.edu
Tue Feb 8 21:28:41 CET 2011

Johannes, everyone,

I don't see the real distinction between offering an "official varation" and a "second, equally possible format design to MEI."  To me, it's either officially sanctioned, or not.  If it's not, then it shouldn't be provided.  If it is officially sanctioned, then it must be documented and supported.

I agree that if we decide to create such a customization, then the amount of change is best kept to the minimum that accomplishes the task.

Perry Roland
Music Library
University of Virginia
P. O. Box 400175