[MEI-L] Freedman, Du Chemin, and ACLS Grant

Roland, Perry (pdr4h) pdr4h at eservices.virginia.edu
Tue Feb 1 14:47:43 CET 2011

Wonderful news, Richard!
Congratulations!

__________________________
Perry Roland
Music Library
University of Virginia
P. O. Box 400175
Charlottesville, VA 22904
434-982-2702 (w)
pdr4h (at) virginia (dot) edu

From: mei-l-bounces at lists.uni-paderborn.de [mei-l-bounces at lists.uni-paderborn.de] On Behalf Of Richard Freedman [rfreedma at haverford.edu]
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 8:23 PM
To: mei-l at lists.uni-paderborn.de
Subject: [MEI-L] Freedman, Du Chemin, and ACLS Grant

Friends:

Just a short note to share some good news:  I was just awarded a ACLS Digital Innovations Fellowship to support the work of the Du Chemin project.    I will have a sabbatical for 2011-12, and a good budget for technical work, conferences, etc.

We will finish our facsimiles, editions, and our reconstructions.  Our plan is to use the MEI if possible to coordinate variant readings, alternative reconstructions, and linkages among related compositions, theoretical ideas.

I hope to see some of you during our work, either here in the US or in Europe!

until later,

Richard

--
Richard Freedman