[MEI-L] PyMEI: A Python MEI Module

Andrew Hankinson, Mr andrew.hankinson at mail.mcgill.ca
Mon Dec 13 18:58:29 CET 2010

Hi all,

I would like to announce the first (alpha) version of PyMEI, a Python module for reading and writing MEI files. The code and instructions on how to get and install it are available at:

http://github.com/ahankinson/pymei

Some very preliminary documentation, and some examples of how to use it, are available at:

http://github.com/ahankinson/pymei/wiki

This is meant primarily as a proof-of-concept library, and I am still working quite heavily on it. I do think, however, that most of the structural pieces are in place.

If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to answer them.

Cheers,
-Andrew

=====================
Andrew Hankinson, BMus, MLIS
PhD Candidate in Music Technology

Centre for Interdisciplinary Research
  in Music Media and Technology (CIRMMT)
Schulich School of Music, McGill University
555 Sherbrooke St. West
Montréal, QC, Canada
H3A 1E3

t. 1.514.398.4535 x0300