[MEI-L] repeat start and stop

Johannes Kepper kepper at edirom.de
Fri Oct 22 15:43:43 CEST 2010

Hi all,

thanks for your answers so far. They are very close to what we discussed this morning. But another question arises from that: How do these attributes relate to each other? Would it be semantically correct to keep the information on both places? What's happening if they have different values? Does

	<measure n="4" right="rptend"/>
	<measure n="5" left="rptstart"/>

equal

	<measure n="4" right="rptboth"/>?

If so, what about

	<measure n="4" right="dotted"/>
	<measure n="5" left="dashed"/>?

Should we add some Schematron rules to allow only semantically possible combinations? Or would we be too restrictive then, cutting flexibility needed for weird cases?

Johannes