[MEI-L] repeat start and stop

Maja Hartwig Maja.Hartwig at gmx.de
Fri Oct 22 09:38:18 CEST 2010

Dear List,

don't wonder about the mail address, this is Johannes sitting together with Maja Hartwig, one of our new MEI contributors here in Detmold. We have discovered a slight inconsistency regarding the best practice of encoding repetition signs.

Here's the situation: We have a repetition starting in measure 5. In the Tag Library, it is recommended to always use only the @right attribute of a measure to encode such information, leaving the @left only "for facilitation of translation from legacy encodings which use it." If taken serious, this means that in measure 4 we say that a repetition starts in the following measure, although this measure 4 is in no way affected by it. Isn't this a little bit awkward, especially for processing? What's the best practice for this, any experiences or feelings anyone?

Thanks and best regards,
Maja and Johannes
--
GRATIS! Movie-FLAT mit über 300 Videos.