[MEI-L] HTML5 Music Notation

Byrd, Donald A. donbyrd at indiana.edu
Mon May 17 04:03:12 CEST 2010

It looks to me like an okay start, but that's really all. There's a
good font, though the accidentals are much too small; also simple
chords (no seconds or colliding accidentals), and simple beams (the
same number of bars all the way across) with the usual beginner's
mistake of using the same stem length for the first and last notes,
resulting in far too steep a slope. Poor spacing (horizontal, that is).
Augmentation dots for notes on lines at the wrong vertical position,
i.e., next to them instead of raised (or, less often, lowered). It's a
nice idea, and it might turn into something useful, but I'm not
impressed yet.

--Don