[MEI-L] @function on names

Roland, Perry (pdr4h) pdr4h at eservices.virginia.edu
Wed Mar 31 21:36:20 CEST 2010

Given that someday MEI may be namespaced into TEI, in this case, I'm inclined to go with TEI-compliancy.  I think it would very annoying to encode names in TEI one way and MEI names another.

As I said before, there won't be any confusion with dramatic roles if those are handled in a completely different way; i.e., using castList and its sub-elements, similar to TEI.

Perry Roland
Digital Curation Services
University of Virginia Library
P. O. Box 400155