[MEI-L] feature request list (long)

Raffaele Viglianti raffaeleviglianti at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 15:46:42 CEST 2010

Hello all,

> 2. add "within" in data.PLACE

I like the new datatypes.

> 3. create "non-sung text" element in order to accommodate spoken dialog

I wonder if it would be possible to create a sort of "placeholder" element
for the first release? Even though there will be discussion for its role and
behaviour in the future, it could work as an element where to embed TEI
markup. I'm suggesting something not unlikely <tei:musicNotation>, which is
only a phrase level element, but might be modified to contain MEI markup.
So what about a <mei:spoken> element? (I'm sure someone in the list could
propose a more appropriate name for non-sung text) For now, it could be in
the text module and could live between measures (i.e. in model.sectionPart
or model.measureLike) and just contain <p>. What do people think?

> 4. allow app in tuplet (beam too)

5. allow value "unknown" for @grace

Great news!

> 8. create history element containing a list of events

I like the solution presented, but I'm wondering whether this information is
better stored in an MEI file or in an ontology? It seems to me that this
encoding brings into the textual representation concepts of ontological
classes (events, persons, relationships); however, I see how this could be
useful to a small-scale project.

Thank you very much for this update!

Best wishes,
Raffaele