[MEI-L] MelodicMatch

Eleanor Selfridge-Field esfield at stanford.edu
Fri May 1 00:05:33 CEST 2009

I took a quick look at it. It has some features in common with Michael Good's own output to Excel and Access of several years ago, and some features (plus, I think, the name) in common with a program from Australia we looked at last year.

Humdrum does a great deal more (the note-bar, measure, etc. counts can all be done in one command), though getting the results into decent graphics takes some planning and auxiliary software. If you are not familiar with Themefinder (melodic search) and the KernScores website (with myriad analysis types if you scroll to be the bottom of an individual work screen), you should become familiar with both:

http://www.themefinder.org

http://kern.ccarh.org

Eleanor