[MEI-L] Example: non-integer divisions of the whole note

Roland, Perry (pdr4h) pdr4h at eservices.virginia.edu
Fri Aug 14 14:25:55 CEST 2009

Craig,

Thinking more about your question and my answer, I'd like to amend what I said before.

Your specific question -- "Where do I put the '6'?" -- made me realize that @numbase should not be a duration but rather a positive integer.  With that change, it is possible to put '7' in @ num and '6' in @numbase.  @dur and @dots then should represent the duration of the tuplet, in this case '2' and '1', respectively.

There's nothing in the DTD that keeps you from using these values now.  It's just the documentation that's wrong.  In the RNG the datatyping is enforced.  Both will need to be fixed.  I'll add these changes to my list and mark them priority one.

Sorry for the confusion,

Perry Roland
Digital Curation Services
University of Virginia Library