[mei-catalog-ig] Summary of the MEI Metadata IG meeting in Montreal, May 2016

Axel Teich Geertinger atge at kb.dk
Tue Jun 21 12:22:37 CEST 2016

Dear metadata IG list,
Kristina and I would like to give those of you who were unable to attend our interest group's meeting at the MEC 2016 a brief summary of what we talked about.

First, Irmlind Capelle and Kristina Richts gave a presentation of the Detmold Court Theatre Project (http://www.hoftheater-detmold.de). The project aims at providing a multifaceted view of this particular institution through a rich collection of TEI- and MEI-encoded documents and other data. The encoded documents not only include performance material encoded at metadata level but also a variety of text documents such as programs, cast lists and other archival material.
To provide information on the many - also lesser known - persons mentioned, a local authority file is created during the project; at the end of the project, these authority data will also be submitted to public authority files such as GND and VIAF.

Axel Geertinger presented some of the new features implemented in the MerMEId metadata editor since last year. These included improved customizability (of the xsl and css used for the HTML output, for instance), linking to authority files, incipit rendering with Verovio, and outputting all or multiple documents as a single document for printing.

We had a look at the schema changes in MEI 3.0.0 and also discussed a few potential proposals for future changes. The latter will have to be discussed on the IG's mailing list, of course.

Finally we talked about the document discussing some of the concepts and approaches for using MEI for catalogs, which we decided to produce last year in Florence. A first draft of the text is available from GoogleDocs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cF0M57ddL6_WzhEyigCC1l1MMda8Yr1-GB_atJEIOTI/edit?usp=sharing. We hope to be able to present a more final document to the general MEI community next year.
Please feel free to read/ask/comment/contribute!

Best wishes,
Kristina and Axel

[http://support.kb.dk/images/kb_logo.jpg]

Det Kongelige Bibliotek
Nationalbibliotek og Københavns Universitetsbibliotek

Axel Teich Geertinger
Seniorforsker, centerleder | Senior Researcher, Head of Centre

Det Kongelige Bibliotek | The Royal Library
Dansk Center for Musikudgivelse | Danish Centre for Music Editing
P.O. Box 2149 | DK-1016 København K
tel +45 9132 4706 | Fax +45 3393 2218 | atge at kb.dk<mailto:atge at kb.dk> | www.kb.dk<http://www.kb.dk>

Besøgsadresse | Visiting address | Søren Kierkegaards Plads 1
Leveringsadresse | Delivery address | Christians Brygge 8 | 1219 København K

EAN 5798 000 79 52 97 | Bank 0216 4069032583 | CVR 28 98 88 42
IBAN DK2002164069032583 | Swiftcode DABADKKK