[MEI-L] Edirom Summer School tutorial on Semantic Web / Linked Open Data

Lucinda Johnston lucinda.johnston at ualberta.ca
Wed Aug 21 17:40:23 CEST 2019

Good morning,

This tutorial sounds very interesting, but I don't speak German! :(  When
you say you "are happy to be as linguistically flexible as required", what
exactly do you mean by that? Will there be simultaneous translation or
English subtitles? Just wondering how the "flexibility" works. :)

Sincerely,
Lucinda

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 06:58, David M. Weigl <weigl at mdw.ac.at> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> A note to let you know about our upcoming tutorial on Semantic Web /
> Linked Open Data in a music encoding context at the Edirom Summer
> School, September 2nd - 3rd, in Paderborn. This is a reprise of the
> tutorial we presented at MEC 2019. If you missed it earlier this
> summer, here's another chance to learn about interlinking music
> encodings within a wider web of data!
>
> Please register at https://ess.uni-paderborn.de/2019/registrierung.html
>  - registrations close August 30th!
>
> Note that the language of the workshop is officially German, but we
> are happy to be linguistically flexible as required. :-)
>
> Thanks and kind regards,
>
> David M. Weigl & Stefan Münnich
>
> --
> David M. Weigl, PhD
> Department of Music Acoustics - Wiener Klangstil
> University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna, Austria
> Data Officer, EU H2020 TROMPA Project
> Towards Richer Online Music Public-domain Archives

*Lucinda Johnston, MLIS*
*she/her/hers*
Public Services Librarian, Subject Librarian: Music and Drama
Rutherford Humanities & Social Sciences Library
<https://www.library.ualberta.ca/locations/rutherford>
1-01 Rutherford Library South, University of Alberta
Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2J8
780-492-3015 lucinda.johnston at ualberta.ca

*The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6
territory, and respects the histories, languages, and cultures of First
Nations, M*é
*tis, Inuit, and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to
enrich our vibrant community.**Amiskwaciwâskahikan / ᐊᒥᐢᑲᐧᒋᕀᐋᐧᐢᑲᐦᐃᑲᐣ /
Edmonton*