[MEI-L] Semantically unspecific text (sub)divisions

Thomas Weber tw at notabit.eu
Wed Sep 30 11:37:40 CEST 2015

* encoding some text that neither classifies as anchored text, heading, table, paragraph, line group, list or block quote.

* annotating a span of text inside a <p> or <anchoredText> element, but not the entire element.

Specifically I was looking into how to sensibly encode rubrics in neumatic notation, wondering whether I should use something like

One option could also be to allow text immediately inside <div> without having to wrap it into a more semantically specific element, but enforcing more semantical markup is of course not a bad idea, provided semantically appropriate choices are made available, including a fallback to more generic markup.

[1] http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/SA.html#SASE
[2] http://www.scribeserver.com/NEUMES/neumesxml_tree/tree_detail_west/rubric.htm

--
Thomas Weber