[MEI-L] Combining MEI ornament elements

Kőmíves Zoltán zolaemil at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 18:50:50 CEST 2015

Hi Perry,

The schema currently clearly defines <dir>
<https://music-encoding.org/documentation/2.1.1/dir/> as "a text
expression", but in the notes it says it also includes "music symbols, such
as segno and coda symbols, fermatas over a bar line, etc."

Maybe the definition could be improved to clear up the confusion? Perhaps
something like: "an instruction expressed either as text or as a symbol,
such as segno and coda symbols, fermatas over a bar line, etc."?

Zoltan