[MEI-L] Sibelius Export Plug-In beta testing

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at mail.mcgill.ca
Tue Sep 24 16:41:22 CEST 2013

This summer, thanks to support from Haverford College and the NEH, we've been able to finish developing the Sibelius to MEI export plug-in. I'd like to announce that it's now ready for beta testing.

Note that it is only available for Sibelius 7+.

For those who just want a downloadable ZIP file I've packaged up a snapshot available here:

http://coltrane.music.mcgill.ca/Andrew/sibmei_plugin.zip

The development version of the plug-in is available on GitHub:

https://github.com/DuChemin/sibmei/tree/MEI2013-tested

To install:
- Download the plugin and un-zip it.
- Navigate to your Sibelius plugin directory. (See here for detailed information: http://www.sibelius.com/download/plugins/index.html?help=install)

To use:
- Open a Sibelius document or import a MusicXML file.
- Go to File->Plug-Ins->Edit Plug-Ins and find the 'sibmei' section.
- You can either double-click on the "Export File to MEI" plugin and select Run, or you can set the sibmei plugins to appear in your ribbon.
- It will ask you for a name and location to save your file.

We would be interested in having you run a few of your files through the plug-in and reporting your results. If possible, you can send me your output files and I can ensure that the plug-in is producing valid MEI.

If you find a bug, you can report it on our Issues page (https://github.com/DuChemin/sibmei/issues) or, if you don't have a GitHub account, you can send me an e-mail directly.

Special thanks to Micah Walter for making this possible!

Questions and comments are always welcome,

-Andrew