[MEI-L] File extensions

Johannes Kepper kepper at edirom.de
Thu Aug 15 16:21:34 CEST 2013

Hi Andrew,

I'm using .mei when I code by hand. However, I have to admit that sometimes I use .xml, namely when I work in an eXist XML database and don't want to explain the database that .mei doesn't mean it's a binary file… I would classify this as bad behavior, or maybe even laziness, but I don't think we had a discussion about the recommended way yet. If we would come up with a consensus that .mei should be used, I'd be happy to improve myself :-)

I like the idea of registering a mimetype, but I have no clue how this works…

just my (private) two cents
jo